We are delighted to present to you the ICFA 2021 Cohort, composed of five high-impact fund managers offering innovative solutions to climate change ranging from renewable energy projects in Sub-Saharan Africa and nature-based solutions in Latin America, to climate tech in Europe and building the climate resilience of smallholder farming in Pakistan:
- OneNature Finance (formerly: Natural Strategies) will focus on sustainable commodities, sustainable food tech, and rewilding and ecosystem restoration, with the aim of stimulate nature conservation and sustainable land use, while achieving climate objectives.
- Evenpar will deploy proven and efficient EU waste processing technology to process low value available waste feedstock into high value clean energy in East Africa, thereby offering a solution to rapidly increasing energy demands in the region.
- Satgana leverages the proven success of the venture studio model by launching 25 climate-positive start-ups globally from the founding stage through to pre-seed & seed stages, with a focus on gender lens investing.
- Gaia will support brownfield clean energy projects to catalyse the development cycle and crowd in more actors at all stages of the development ecosystem, thereby providing widespread access to clean energy to fuel a vibrant and sustainable growing African economy.
- Acumen (2021 Honorary Cohort Member) aims at increasing adaptation capacity in Pakistan’s increasingly vulnerable, yet critical agriculture sector, thereby building climate resilience for smallholder farmers.
Congratulations to the winners! We are very much looking forward to working together!